[CentOS] Linux World Expo - London 25th + 26th Oct 2006

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 4 17:01:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> CentOS has a stand at the LinuxWorld Expo, London on the 25th and 26th of Oct
> 2006. And we need some help!
>
> We need a few people to come down and help at the stand, talk to visitors and
> generally spread the good word on CentOS!  If you are interested and are able
> to come help, please get in touch with Lance ( lance at centos.org ) or me (
> kbsingh at centos.org ) as soon as possible.

I'm coming with a friend for the 2 days to populate the booth. We're doing
the arrangements now. Anyone knows a good (cheap) place to stay in the
vicinity ?

Anyone having experience with showcasing CentOS at a conference like this.
I figure that handing out CD's nowadays would not be very useful. But
having some flyers or something with the basic information about CentOS
would be nice.

CentOS flyer:

 + Short introduction
 + Website location
 + Wiki location
 + Mailinglist location
 + Overview of the different versions, technologies, advantages and
   differences with other distributions.

Should be professional, straight-forward and objective.

Do we have something like this already ? Do we have proper artwork for
printing ? How are we going to organise ? Another wiki page ? :)

Any help is welcome.