[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Steve Bergman sbergman at rueb.com
Thu Oct 5 17:33:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 09:34 -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Yea, I'm sure. With write-caching turned off on the 3Ware controller only and
> writing to an XFS filesystem:

You might look into the work done on "write barriers" in more recent
kernels.  They are supposed to obviate the need to turn off write
caching.  However, I'm not certain how they relate to hardware raid.
The kernel needs to be able to issue a cache flush command to the
drives, which makes it a controller driver issue.  Anyone have any more
info on this?