[CentOS] Yum, duplicate packages, 4.3->4.4 upgrade.

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Oct 10 15:08:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 08:05 +0200, Itay Furman wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> > <snip hdr & some more stuff>

> >> 4. I have enabled the dries, kbsingh, and rpmforge, repositories
> >>    for few packages (acroread, pine,...).  However, I didn't
> >>    keep track which packages come from those repos so I can't
> >>    apply the 'includepkgs' instruction on them.  What's the
> >>    easiest way to recover that information?  (Default
> >>    'yum list installed' doesn't provide the repository.)
> >
> > I  /var/log/rpmpkgs is a (weeklyupdated?) list of file names. Some have
> > ".rf" in them, other "plus" etc. This should tell you for most packages
> > from where they came.
> >

> That't what I was looking for - thanks!
>
> BTW, I noticed that the packages in the dries repo are labeled
> with 'rf', the same as rpmforge.  One is the mirror of the other?

Essentially, no.  Dag and dries et al got together and started the
rpmforge project. They have been migrating stuff there. They still have
the originals at their unique sites but Dag has been consistently
requesting folks to use rpmforge. There is some verbiage on the CentOS
site about it when you get past this current case of hiccups.

My *assumption* is that Dag/Dries may have versions on their unique
sites that may be unsuitable some day.

> <snip>

>  	Thanks for the help.
>  	Itay