[CentOS] Kernel source package missing?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:13:10 UTC 2006

> I've been looking for the package kernel-source-2.6.9-34 (from 4.3) and
> I can't find it anywhere. In fact, the only mention to it I have found
> is on the RedHat errata (I also have the RHEL CDs and it is not there
> either).

It never existed. the kernel-source rpm packages are not in rhel4 or
centos4. You likely just need the kernel-devel package to build what
you need against the kernel. If you REALLY need the kernel source,
then read the wiki page detailing it ->
http://wiki.centos.org/I_need_the_Kernel_Source

> Where can I get it from? I wanna compile some packages and I need the
> kernel source.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gabriel

George Orwell