[CentOS] Server hangs initializing audio

mike.redan at bell.ca mike.redan at bell.ca
Wed Oct 11 17:15:12 UTC 2006

It sounds like this is happening when /etc/rc.sysinit runs. Pretty odd
that only happens intermittently.

I kinda question whether it acutally hangs loading audio drivers..if you
look at the script it does not print "audio" until after it loads those
drivers. It could be hanging when loading a module after that. I would
suggest either adding some debugging lines to that script..or if you are
sure that it actually is the "audio" bit that is hanging your server,
just comment out the lines that load sound drivers.

(it's a little gross to suggest changing a file like rc.sysinit, but to
me it sounds like the only way to track down which module is actually
hanging the server)

Cheers,
Mike