[CentOS] Write performance with 3ware 9550

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 19:11:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 11:44 -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
> > <snip>

> Right now, I am not looking for maximum performance.  I am just trying
> to determine why there is a 3x difference in write performance between
> two identical machines.

60 vs. 40 conductor cables on UDMA? have you wiggled/reseated them? PS
sizes similar and simailar load? /var/log/messages BogoMips the same?
Mem config same?

Same "load". Does top in a "long" screen show any diference in number of
loads or total load being imposed? Keep an eye out for excessive wait
channels in top (have to change defaults of fields displayed and order)
or in ps?

Are you using the sar reports, which can be helpful in the case of large
unknowns.

HTH
--
Bill