[CentOS] RHWAS rebuild efforts

Johnny Hughes

Sat Oct 14 13:05:41 UTC 2006

There is a new Web Application Stack that I would like to get the RPMS
for into CentOS Plus.  I am trying to get the upstream provider to the
provide these SRPMS to their public FTP server, but so far they are not
there:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2006-October/msg00053.html

These RPMS would be a major add to CentOSPlus .... as they would provide
an enterprise web stack with update support.  I am just not sure if or
when the source is going to be released.

So, that being said, I am looking for a way that the CentOS team can
have access to those SRPMS to build this for the CentOS community.

The way would be to have someone donate a RHWAS license to the CentOS
Project.  The CentOS Project does not charge for our product and our
only revenue stream is donations.

If someone donated a license to the project, we could access the files
and build RPMS for all the files that are redistributable. If the SRPMS
are later added to the public FTP server, the license would not need to
be renewed.

If someone is interested in providing this license, I can be contacted
off list concerning this matter.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes