[CentOS] Latest kernel fixes AMD cool 'n quiet

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Mon Oct 16 10:25:58 UTC 2006

Feizhou wrote:
> Ah, so that is why the bogomips score is so low on the AMD64 3000+ and
> why /proc/cpuinfo is reporting 1000Ghz. :D

1THz computers... wow. Maybe some day :)

The fixes for me (AMD64 3200+) came with the .42 kernel, now c'n'q works
great. /proc/cpuinfo shows current info, 1000MHz when idle, 2000MHz when
working. The grandparent poster had a X2 CPU, so there might have been
additional fixes or changes going into the 42.0.3 release.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.