[CentOS] 'Political' Questions on CentOS please

Tom Brown

tom at ng23.net
Mon Oct 16 12:13:50 UTC 2006

Hi

I have used CentOS personally for 'ages' but i have some questions that
i need answering from the wider audience. These are for management as i
am proposing RHEL for our QA and Prd infrastructure and CentOS for dev.
I would go CentOS for all areas but we need 'support' on our prd systems.

Can anyone tell me roughly how many cpu's are running centos? How
widespread is it, does anyone really know? How many developers are
helping with CentOS? When did CentOS 'start' and how long will it be
around for? I am trying to get an accurate answer to fend off the 'well
it could disappear at any minute' argument.

thanks guys