[CentOS] CentOS guest for VMware, any similar setup?

Jeff Stacey

Jeff.Stacey at jri.ca
Mon Oct 16 20:01:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-16-10 at 15:43 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm about to setup a CentOS4 server to install VmWare Server on
it.
> Then I'll run 2 main guest OS, Microsoft SBS 2003, and a CentOS
> development LAMP server.
>
> 	Except from the clock settings, is there any problems/comments?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ugo

We are running multiple instances of of VMware guests mostly linux
guests (CentOS for that matter) and have had no issues. In fact our
development team has not realized that we took away their 4 dev boxes
and replaced them with 1 physical server running running 4 virtual
machines. (2 apache web servers and 2 tomcat application servers).

We also purchased P2V from VMware to migrate several legacy WindowsNT
boxes to VMware images which we are running on 2 beefy CentOS 4.4
servers. 2 x 3.4GHz Xeon 4Gb ram.

Jeff