[CentOS] Re: Write performance with 3ware 9550

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Oct 17 16:52:40 UTC 2006

DamianS wrote:
> > The First system has Maxtor 7V250F0 drives (250GB).  The second
> > system has Seagate ST3500641AS drives (320GB).  They are both
> > 7200RPM SATA II
> > drives with 16MB cache and NCQ support.
> >

> Have you eliminated the hard drives as being responsible, by testing
> the Seagates on first system, and Maxtors on second system?

Here is where things currently stand.

I have taken the two arrays and swapped them between the two systems.
The Seagates are still slower.  However, since the OS is installed on
these arrays, I don't know if this is due to the drives or some OS
setting.

I have also taken one spare drive of each type and tested each one as
a single-drive unit in both systems.  These tests all give similar
numbers and show that the Seagate drives are marginally faster than
the Maxtors.

--
Bowie