[CentOS] yum repository and createrepo

Ken Leyba

kenleyba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:02:21 UTC 2006

I've setup a local yum repository for about 25 workstations and I'm
using rsync from a local mirror.  Do I need to create my own XML
headers, i.e. the 'repodata' directory, or since I'm syncing the whole
updates directory can I use the 'repodata' directory from the mirror?

I also have a question on using createrepo.  The directory layout is:

~/updates/
~/updates/headers/
~/updates/repodata/
~/updates/RPMS/

If I do the following in the 'updates' directory:

# createrepo -v ./RPMS

The 'repodata' diretcory is created under the 'RPMS' directory and not
the current 'updates' directory.  How can I have the 'repodata'
directory created/updated in the correct directory under 'updates'?
Right now I'm manually moving the directory.  I would probably need to
do this in my daily cron job.

Thanks,
Ken

--