[CentOS] Cluster Help

karl at klxsystems.net karl at klxsystems.net
Tue Oct 17 21:56:59 UTC 2006

We are using a 3.0 Terabyte Iscsi-enabled SAN device made by Promise...
Works really well on Centos.  For what people go through with HP and other
vendors, this was very much worth it, very little hassle and no vendor
lock-in.

We connect our servers to GB switches, GB Nics, Cat 6 cable (very
important about Cat6 and Iscsi) and they talk to the promiseraid over
Iscsi and are mounted to it in filesystem.  The promiseraid itself just
sits on the rack plugged into a GB switch itself, everyone's happy.

A great reliable affordable simple way to add storage in a clustered
environ, in this case out clustered app is of the Javagroups/Tomcat/Apache
ilk, along with quite a bit of Mysql.  We backup our mysql boxes to the
Iscsi device quite well, some of which are 100+GB tables.

So you need a GB switch and some cat6 going on and you are very much OK
then if you get an Iscsi solution.

-krb