[CentOS] Re: CentOS guest for VMware, any similar setup?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Oct 18 21:07:52 UTC 2006

Quoting Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com>:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> That is using an i386 host (on x86_64 machines) ... then installing
>> either i386 or x86_64 clients.
>
> Regarding this, the host system is a dual-core Opteron... Should I use
> the x86_64 distro of Centos 4 or x86?

Depending on the type and version of VmWare you have.  Some support
x86_64 guests, some don't.  For example, you'd need to have latest
update to have x86_64 guests in ESX 3.  Check VmWare's web site for
details about the type and version of VmWare you have.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during