[CentOS] UK Linux & Open Source Awards 2006

Johnny Hughes

Sat Oct 21 10:54:58 UTC 2006

The UK Linux & Open Source Awards for 2006 will be hosted on Wednesday
25 October 2006 at the Millennium Gloucester hotel, Kensington:

http://www.linuxawards.co.uk/

The CentOS Project would like to thank all our CentOS users (especially
the readers who picked CentOS as their favorite distribution) for
getting CentOS in the top 3 (short-list) of all Linux Distros (with
Ubuntu and SUSE).

http://www.linuxawards.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=32

Whether we finish 1, 2, or 3 with respect to this award, we are honored
to be there.
-----------------------------------
This is another top 3 showing when the users are asked which Linux
Distribution is best.

CentOS also finished 2nd in the (behind Ubuntu) in the 2005 Linux
Journal Readers' Choice Awards:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8520

Again, we would like to take the time to thank our users who continually
keep CentOS in the press and always keep CentOS in the top of the heap
when user opinions (and not stuffed suits) determine the best Linux
Distro.

Thanks to All,
Johnny Hughes