[CentOS] Re: BUG in fs/bio.c:99

J.J. Garcia stigmatedbrain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 16:23:31 UTC 2006

El mar, 24-10-2006 a las 08:19 -0700, Scott Silva escribió:
> J.J. Garcia spake the following on 10/24/2006 6:00 AM:

> >> Sure i'll do my best, if you provide me the patch i can check it on the
> >> current host, it's not a very critycall host at the network and i think
> >> the bug is relevant to stop it for a while,
> >>
> >> I've started by installing memtest86+ in the related host following the
> >> next steps, for your info:
> >>
> >> <...>
> >>
> >> =============================================================================
> >>  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
> >> Size
> >> =============================================================================
> >> Installing:
> >>  memtest86+              i386       1.26-2           base
> >> 53 k
> >>
> >> Transaction Summary
> >> =============================================================================
> >> Install      1 Package(s)
> >> Update       0 Package(s)
> >> Remove       0 Package(s)
> >> Total download size: 53 k
> >> Is this ok [y/N]: y
> >> Downloading Packages:
> >> (1/1): memtest86+-1.26-2. 100% |=========================|  53 kB
> >> 00:00
> >> Running Transaction Test
> >> Finished Transaction Test
> >> Transaction Test Succeeded
> >> Running Transaction
> >>   Installing: memtest86+                   #########################
> >> [1/1]
> >>
> >> Installed: memtest86+.i386 0:1.26-2
> >> Complete!
> >> [root at fattybox ~]# rpm -ql memtest86+
> >> /boot/memtest86+-1.26
> >> /sbin/new-memtest-pkg
> >> /usr/sbin/memtest-setup
> >> /usr/share/doc/memtest86+-1.26
> >> /usr/share/doc/memtest86+-1.26/README
> >>
> >> [root at fattybox ~]# rpm -qi memtest86+
> >> Name        : memtest86+                   Relocations: (not
> >> relocatable)
> >> Version     : 1.26                              Vendor: CentOS
> >> Release     : 2                             Build Date: lun 21 feb 2005
> >> 20:35:44 CET
> >> Install Date: lun 23 oct 2006 16:25:57 CEST      Build Host:
> >> bhrama.build.karan.org
> >> Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM: memtest86
> >> +-1.26-2.src.rpm
> >> Size        : 123633                           License: GPL
> >> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, sáb 26 feb 2005 21:59:06 CET, Key ID
> >> a53d0bab443e1821
> >> Packager    : Karanbir Singh <kbsingh-IFYaIzF+flcdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org>
> >> URL         : http://www.memtest.org
> >> Summary     : Stand-alone memory tester for x86 and x86-64 computers
> >> Description :
> >> Memtest86+ is a thorough stand-alone memory test for x86 and x86-64
> >> architecture computers. BIOS based memory tests are only a quick
> >> check and often miss many of the failures that are detected by
> >> Memtest86+.

> [...]

Scott

Sometimes i forget that "nothing is/lasts forever"... :) my fault to be
in my maniac mood sometimes... yes, i have to admit it, and i must to
write it down on the blackboard for 1000 times! :)

By the way thx for the hint, the capacitors seems to be ok on that
board, no drying by the momment and the host is well refrigerated, no
more than 2 years on service with a "new/0 hours" board since then.

I hope to find out the bad ram module asap to get further

J.