[CentOS] IBM x305 slowdown?

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Oct 24 17:38:41 UTC 2006

Chris Boyd wrote:
> Have not tried that.  The amount of memory appears to be correct, and no
> processes are dying in other core dumps (though top may be touching a
> memory structure that's in bad hardware).

Do you have the asmi management stuff on that server? You should install
the driver for it or try to disable it in the BIOS. With no driver and
an active card, strange things can happen when the card borrow the CPU.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.