[CentOS] RHWAS rebuild efforts

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Tue Oct 24 17:41:23 UTC 2006

You don't need a Red Hat subscription to get any SRPMs from RHEL. The GPL requires that they provide them for free. I believe that applies even th RHWAS, since that's still based on GPL'ed Linux code.

You can get RHEL RPMs here

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS/

--
Prentice

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Greg Swallow - SkyNet
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:36 PM
To: 'CentOS mailing list'
Subject: RE: [CentOS] RHWAS rebuild efforts

jim bartus wrote:
> Nothin?  I can throw a fair amount of money at this.  We're looking
> for someone to commit to a turnaround window on the niche redhat
> package groups (cluster suite and appserver for now) but deliver them
> to the centos group/repositories, not to us.  We're also looking for
> someone to contract out the creation and maintenance of rpm's for our internal repo.

Jim, I don't know if this discussion has been taken off-list, but why don't you just get this service (more specifically the Application Stack) from Redhat?  As I understand it, all CentOS wants is someone with a RedHat subscription to provide to them the SRPMS which have a distributable license.  The RedHat subscription for the application stack looks to be
$1999 for one year -
https://www.redhat.com/apps/commerce/cart.html?store_cart:add_item_cb=SVC023
9

Greg