[CentOS] compaq r4000 solved (sort of)

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Oct 26 21:20:12 UTC 2006

>Jim Perrin escribió:
>>>/ Anyone seen this? any ideas?
/>>>/
/>>>/ the machine is compaq r4000, turian 64 bit cpu. ATI video. windows on
/>>>/ the same machine
/>>>/ works fine.
/>>/
/>>/ Have you checked beyond the labels to see if the hardware is actually
/>>/ supported? Saying 'Windows works fine' really doesn't translate well.
/>>/
/
>did you try with an external monitor?? maybe after installing everything
>could work!! just a though!!

Gents,

I did plug an external monitor on it (thanks did think of that)
and it is working. I was STOPPED on the screen asking about
checking the media. I clicked TAB to skip it and hit OK
and then the LCD popped back on and I am using it to install...

All seems right in the world again.

Thanks,

Jerry