[CentOS] Dell video from Oracle Openworld [Was: The elephant in the room: Oracle]

Dan Stoner dstoner at flmnh.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 27 13:54:33 UTC 2006

Will McDonald wrote:
> On 27/10/06, Dan Stoner <dstoner at flmnh.ufl.edu> wrote:
>> I couldn't believe my eyes (and ears!):
>>
>>  http://www.direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2006/10/24/3249.aspx
>
> Any chance of a brief summary? (And did any cute puppies get it? ;))
>
> Will.

The first part of the video is the... humorous... part, and you have to
see it for yourself (I think there is an ogg theora stream available at
the link above).

The actual content portion of Michael Dell's keynote mostly had to do
with consolidation onto x86 hardware, eliminating proprietary Unix,
growth of Linux sales, increased "performance per watt" of the new lines
of CPUs (including AMD now), partnerships between Dell and other
vendors, etc.

- Dan