[CentOS] Hyperthreaded CPU and SMP kernel

fredex

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Oct 27 15:49:00 UTC 2006

Hi gang!

I'm using Centos 4.4 at work on a HP Proliant DL320 G2, which has a Hypterthreaded Pentium IV CPU.

I used to use RHEL WS 2.1 on it, and RH installed and used the SMP kernel.

Centos 4.4 did NOT install the SMP kernel. Is there some reason why I should
NOT install it myself? I.e., some reason why an SMP kernel shouldn't be used
on such a machine?

Gracias!