[CentOS] Terminal settings question.

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Mon Oct 30 16:08:17 UTC 2006

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> David Mackintosh wrote:
>> Hiya folks,
>> So.  Clearly I have something set incorrectly so that Mutt (and/or the
>> terminal I am using) do not understand the special characters.  Can
>> anyone point me in the right direction to find the answer as to how to
>> fix this so that I can ditch Thunderbird and go back to Mutt?
>
> It works for me with "TERM=gnome mutt".

Doesn't work.  I probably should have mentioned that I see this problem
in these terminals:

- putty on windows
- xterm on linux
- gnome-terminal on linux
- multi-gnome-terminal on linux
- linux on linux (ie logged into the console)

Doing an export TERM=vt100 before invoking mutt sometimes, but not
always, can make some of these problems go away (but not this one).

This is an example of what I am seeing:

http://www.xdroop.com/img/mutt-terminal-drippings.jpg

  /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | dave at xdroop.com