[CentOS] Problem rkhunter v. 1.2.8 - CENTOS 4

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Mon Oct 30 20:51:33 UTC 2006

> I am using CENTOS 4.3 - kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL with rkhunter version
> 1.2.8, but the rkhunter program  show me problem on file /bin/kill.

I had the same issue and asked on the rkhunter mailing list.  RKhunter is
currently under new ownership and they are starting to fix issues like this.
v1.2.9 is out now and in the mean time you can manually use hashupd.sh from the
website [1] to update the rkhunter has database.

Oh and RKhunter uses prelink for the hash check so the hash should be constant
when libraries are updated :-)

Dan

[1] New RKhunter home http://rkhunter.sourceforge.net/