[CentOS] root email question

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Tue Oct 31 03:35:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:45:29AM +1300, Tony Wicks wrote:
> Hi all, Ive done this before but the solution alludes me now. Can
> someone please remind me how to change the default Redhat behavior of
> root email being sent from root at server.domain to root at domain. It's
> something in sendmail.mc from memory.

If you are running sendmail, the pieces you want are:

MASQUERADE_AS(`xdroop.com')dnl
dnl EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl

Prefixing a line with 'dnl' effectively comments it out.

You might also be interested in:

FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

..depending on what you are doing.

Then restart sendmail.  The init script will run make in /etc/mail
before launching.

(oh, and change 'xdroop.com' to your domain of course.  :)

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: