[CentOS] Running two sshd's

Gilles CHAUVIN

gcnweb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:02:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether it is feasible or not to run two distinct sshd
daemons with different config options!

I have a CentOS 4.4 gateway with 2 Ethernet interfaces. One is
connected to the Internet and the other to the LAN.

Basically, what I would like to do is having a sshd that listens to
the LAN interface with password enabled auth. and a sshd bound to the
Internet interface with forced key auth. (no password auth. allowed).

I'm not sure that such a thing is possible using a single sshd_config
file. What do you think would be the best way to do this? Is there
someone here that already made a similar setup?

Thanks for any help / ideas.

Regards,
Gilles.