[CentOS] Postfix won't relay after update to CentOS 4.4

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Fri Sep 1 03:06:08 UTC 2006

> That's plausible.  And in fact, I do see a number of dirs with
> owner:group set to root:root under /var/spool/postfix.
>
> But, I have no idea what the permissions should be.  How did you figure
> it out?
>
> BTW, I'm running postfix in a chroot, though I'm not sure why that would
> break it now when it didn't in the past (there are no errors when
> postfix is started).

ps auxww|grep smtp
ls -l /var/spool/postfix
ls -l /var/spool/postfix/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd.db (you run chrooted
right?)

or grep 'postfix/smtp\[' /var/log/maillog
and look for messages related to sasl and/or sasl_passwd.db

the smtp daemons will run as postfix user and so sasl_passwd.db has to
be readable by postfix user.