[CentOS] Another odd postfix issue related to 4.4 update

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Fri Sep 1 11:27:33 UTC 2006

chrism at imntv.com wrote:
> Postfix appears to be running normally and is accepting/receiving mail
> as usual, but...
>
> I'm seeing lines like this in the message log:
>
> Sep  1 06:55:23 fender postfix/smtpd[11969]: sql_select option missing
> Sep  1 06:55:23 fender postfix/smtpd[11969]: auxpropfunc error no
> mechanism available
>
> Those seem to be sasl related, right?  I'm not using sasl support
> (yet).  Any clues to this behaviour would be much appreciated.

Ooops, with all the 4.4 upgrade bashing going on, I just assumed that
was the culprit.  :)  It looks like this error appeared more or less
around the time I implemented Johnny's postfix/dovecot/spamassassin/etc
recipe.  It doesn't appear to be causing any trouble, but it would be
nice to sort out the cause.

Cheers,

Chris