[CentOS] bootloader installed at wrong place during install

Email Lists lists06 at abbacomm.net
Fri Sep 1 17:34:41 UTC 2006

-> Aleksandar Milivojevic uttered...
-> Hi,
->
-> I've just started testing CentOS 4.4 installs.  When installing on two
-> mirrored drives, the bootloader got installed into the first
-> partition, instead of MBR.  It was a kickstart install, and I used
-> "bootloader --location=mbr" in the kickstart file (which is also a
-> default).  However, when looking into /root/anaconda-ks.cfg file,
-> misteriously it was changed to "bootloader --location=partition" by
-> Anaconda!?
->
-> I've noticed this happening only when installing on two mirrored
-> drives.  If installing on a single drive, the boot loader ends up in
-> MBR as it should.
->
-> The partition config was relatively simple.  Two partitions on each
-> disk, mirrored.  One for /boot, one for LVM (which than contained
-> everything else).
->
-> Has anybody else experienced same problem?
->

Haven't tried yet.... although...

When you say mirrored, do you mean hardware RAID like on a Compaq Proliant
DL360 server with two scsi drives or software mirrored?

Thanks and kind regards,

 -rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications