[CentOS] Re: Kind of OT: internal imap server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 23:46:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 18:34, Feizhou wrote:

> > No, I didn't say anything even close to suggesting that - and I'm
> > curious as to why you imagined I did.  What I said was that different
> > phases of the filtering are likely to be handled in different processes
> > so your programming should be done accordingly.
> >
> Well, I did not quite get your 'can't count on globals' which you put
> after 'unless you are out of slaves'. That gave the impression that
> something was not on if you run out of resources. Are the globals you
> talk about ones you set or sendmail sets?

I meant globals that you set in custom filters.  It might seem
like you could set some values when the sender or the recipient
list is passed through the milter interface, then check them
later when processing the content.  However, due to the
way mimedefang optimizes the processing, the different stages
of a single message may be handled by different instances
of perl slave processes.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com