[CentOS] Backspace key is sending Delete after update to 4.4 (tcsh issue?)

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Sun Sep 3 02:28:36 UTC 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 22:11, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> If you use stty, vim and everything else will work fine.

Yes, but that's "cheating".  I would have to conditionalize it in
my .tcshrc file so it only does it on CentOS 4.4 systems.

> I agree. This kind of change on a non-major update is disturbing.

Well, I don't think it's quite as bad as "disturbing", but it has
definitely made me curious to find out what the change was.

> Then again, I'm used by now on getting different behaviour on this one
> for every linux distro I have to use (not to mention Solaris, AIX
> etc),
> so I really don't worry about it.

That's a good point.  Maybe doing a "stty erase ^?" is not so bad
after all and will work on most (all?) UNIX like systems.

Alfred