[CentOS] Is it better to rebuild or update my notebook for 4.4

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Sep 4 02:57:48 UTC 2006

Wow!

With all the conversations here, and some things on my system, I am
seriously thinking of taking another drive, install 4.4 on it, and then
move my /home partition (I planned for such eventualities by putting
/home on its own partition).

Couple of questions:

I did my current build with a ks.cfg on a floppy.

    Can I use the same information for 4.4 as I did for 4.3?  That is
none of the packages are version specific it seems.

    How can I figure out what I have added and add that to my ks.cfg?

       yum listgroup and yum list and compare to the content of ks.cfg?

    Is jre supplied by sun in this release?  I really have a mess with
Firebird.  It is not recognizing the java plugin.

I am going to go over my install notes again....