[CentOS] How to get 4.3 updates without 4.4 upgrade

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 4 14:00:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 09:42 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Well, I want to stay on an even keel, here with 4.3 for a week or two.
>
> I would like to update needed programs.
>
> Would also like to get a newer gnome!
>
> What are others doing here.  Too much traffic, too much to read....

Keep in mind that 4.4 is just a marker point. It is 4.3 with some
upgrades. You can pick and choose (with dependencies being satisfied)
what you want to add. And you can put excludes= in the repo definitions
to help avoid an unexpected update later on. And for your "non-standard"
repos, "includepkgs=" can/should be used (in certain cases).

I wish I had a stable enough platform to offer more than that. I will
tell you that I might back out the Xorg update (very bad off-screen-to-
on-screen virtual desktop scrolling... er "stuttering" as compared to
prev version. No one responded when I asked if others saw it, so I may
be unique), although I'll be darned if I can figure why.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill