[CentOS] problems copying distro files

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Sep 4 15:26:13 UTC 2006

At this point in my lab, the only solid servers I have are Win2000.

So I xcopy the distro CDs into a directory that I make available for
install via ftp.

Well I have had problems copying files from this distro.

I had to use the /c option in xcopy to get past the problem files..

A few examples are:

The following files in the image directory of disk 1 has 'File creation
error - The parameter is incorrect.":

README
boot.iso
diskboot.img
pxeboot/README

My screen buffer is only 400, so I missed any errors in the first 1500
files.  And I think there was one earlier (the reason why I had to add
the /c option).

On I think CD 3 in the Centos/RPMS the file tix.8.1.4-98.i386.rpm had a
'File creation error -Date error (cyclic redundancy check).

I created both CDs twice from the ISO images, getting these errors.
There may be others.

Any input on this?