[CentOS] postfix pb with mass emails

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 5 02:37:50 UTC 2006

Feizhou wrote:

>> Finally, I'm not so sure about the email being resent because of
>> unreachable recipients.
>> One thing I remember:
>> In the postfix spool, in the defered dir, there were LOT of emails
>> with different hash names.
>> Looking in some of them, I noticed recipients duplicated in several of
>> them, this should not be normal...
>> In the logs, I could see some these hashed defered emails being
>> repeated several times, each time with a cause why the mail was being
>> defered.
>>
> If recipients are duplicated in several different messages, then there

That's the best explanation I've heard; it also goes to explain why
others haven't had the problem. Over that number of recipients I guess
there could be some redirections (through aliases) and other duplictes
(it's possible to send mail to my mailbox via different domain names).

> were multiple injects to the same recipients. Again, as many have
> requested, logs are necessary to look into this issue.

and as the OP said they've been rotated into the bitbucket, I guess it's
best left here, with a note to OP to be suspecious next time, perhap s
suspend sending while he checks things out:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait