[CentOS] DNS resolve.conf not working

Benjamin Karhan simon at pop.psu.edu
Tue Sep 5 04:45:53 UTC 2006

A little birdy told me that Ed Morrison said:

] After upgrading to 4.4 my server(s) will not resolve using the servers listed
] in resolve.conf.  This is not true of a server running a DNS Cache server.  I
] can do a netstat -e and show a connection to the DNS servers but it will not
] resolve any domain names (please see below).  Any thoughts?

my DNS servers all survived the upgrade fine...
  with one caveat...
  the file "/etc/rndc.conf" got updated without any ".rpmnew"
  preservation taking place...
as such, for servers to correctly reload their maps and other
  such tasks via "rndc" i needed to update that file to re-include the
  correct information for the key...

just figured it deserved a mention...

B. Karhan
simon at pop.psu.edu