[CentOS] 4.4 upgrade problems

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:32:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:46, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> OK ... there has been an awful lot of attributing problems to the 4.4
> upgrade that are not really upgrade problems.

> The best I can tell there is really only one major problem:

> 1.  You need to install python-sqlite before sqlite (or at nearly the
> same time).

I would consider http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1483 to not be minor.  I
looked over Red Hat's Bugzilla and didn't, in the few minutes I skimmed, see
the same issue in upstream.  It could be related to yum's means of doing the
package update versus up2date's method; on a production DNS box I had the
problem mentioned in this bug, but on a machine that wasn't the production
name server I didn't.

I reproduced the issue using the proper yum sequence, updating python-sqlite,
then sqlite, the updating yum, then doing a clean all, and had the problem.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology