[CentOS] openssl package possibly different in CentOS and RHEL

Aleksandar Milivojevic

alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Sep 7 20:04:47 UTC 2006

I've just had a problem on one of my x86_64 boxes with openssl
package.  I have an 32-bit only application that requires openssl
libraries.  When I attempted to install openssl.i686 (in addition to
already present openssl.x86_64), it failed.  The rpm complained about
conflicting files (they were all manpages), and I needed to use
--force option to install the thing.

The good folks at Red Hat were not able to reproduce it, and I don't
have a spare x86_64 box to test it with original RHEL4 myself.

Would be nice if somebody could test installing openssl.i686 (in
parallel to openssl.x86_64) on x86_64 box, both under CentOS 4 and
under original RHEL4.  It could be just something wrong with my
installation, or there might be discrepancy between CentOS and RHEL
openssl packages.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during