[CentOS] Upgrading from RH 9

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 8 00:17:43 UTC 2006

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> You can upgrade to centos 4.4 on the old drive or
> do a clean install of centos 4.4 and the migrate all files
> individually.
> For example, migrate only the users from /etc/passwd, from UID 500, etc.
>
> You will find out that many servers have posible new config options, but
> no big changes.
>
> You can also use: linux upgradeany
> in the cdrom prompt

Likely there will be orphaned packages; some are likely to have been
dropped.

After the upgrade, "rpm -qa --last" | less will show you what didn't get
upgraded.

Upgrade is what I intend to do to get a box from RHL 7.3 to Centos,
probably 4. I will, of course, use another drive, and I will test on
another system.

--

Cheers
John