[CentOS] Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.plus.c4 doesn?t boot

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Sep 8 14:03:29 UTC 2006

Christian Hügel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading with yum upgrade my server doesn´t boot with kernel
> 2.6.9-42.0.2.plus.c4 d. Kernel CentOS-4 x86_64 (2.6.9-34.EL) works just
> fine.

firstly, why are you running the plus kernel ? what functionality are
you using from the .plus kernel that is missing from the stock kernel ?

also what Arch is this ? and do you have any custom drivers that are
missing ?

and finally, at what point of the boot cycle does the boot process fail
? error messages and logs would be nice.