[CentOS] network prob on Centos 4.4/HP DL320 G2

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 14 00:44:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 07:10:43PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 19:53 -0400, William Warren wrote:
> > Disable kudzu?
> >

> OR ... broadcom has some tg3 drivers.
>
> maybe also a BIOS update for the motherboard.

Thanks, Johnny.

I really want to avoid using drivers that don't come with the OS because
that can cause a real pain in the rear when the kernel gets updated.

Anyway, the network works fine once it's been set up properly, so I
wouldn't think it's a driver problem. Is thre any way to give kudzu a
kick in the pants other than manually editing hwconf as I did? Perhaps
a way to make it start all over and re-detect from scratch? Not sure
I like the idea of disabling kudzu, but it's always a thing to keep in
mind should no other solutions arise.

And I'lll check for BIOS updates.

Thanks again!