[CentOS] c4.4: OpenSSL Behavior: handshakes/ nrpe, snmpd, et al.

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Sep 16 22:59:10 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 15:50 -0700, karl at klxsystems.net wrote:
> Hello list, johnny, karanbir, rodrigo, william, all,
>
> Looks like some changes in 4.4 with openssl behavior I thought to ask
> about now that things have quieted down slightly since release.
>
> I use openssl with my nagios nrpe plugins, and now am getting a "could not
> complete SSL handshake".  I will of course post to nagios list but first
> want to find out from centos side some key info re: 4.4/openssl [-if any,
> maybe no change at all?] since this all worked fine in 4.3, and it
> probably won't be too hard to do so in 4.4.
>
> : )
>
> In doing an rpm -qa | grep openssl I am actually seeing two instances of
> openssl installed (Is that even possible?), when on a 4.3 box the output
> shows only one:
>
> ###  box that's not doing proper SSL handshake
> openssl-0.9.7a-43.11
> openssl-devel-0.9.7a-43.11
> xmlsec1-openssl-1.2.6-3
> openssl-0.9.7a-43.11

Thought I would get this right back to you in case it key to your
problem. Beyond that, I'm ignorant, really.

# rpm -qa | grep openssl
xmlsec1-openssl-1.2.6-3
openssl-perl-0.9.7a-43.11
openssl-0.9.7a-43.11
openssl-devel-0.9.7a-43.11
openssl096b-0.9.6b-22.43
xmlsec1-openssl-devel-1.2.6-3

> <snip>

> -karlski

My first guess, to avoid future problems is to get that rpmdb
straightend out? Rpm wiith the --rebuilddb (IIRC)?

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill