[CentOS] Re: Hard drive errors

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Sep 21 21:29:29 UTC 2006

This can be caused by overheating.  If the drives are mounted close
together as some chassis configurations permit, then it make sense they
may both exhibit the same problem, but not necessarily simultaneously.

Are this log entries adjacent to each other?

P.

Scott Silva wrote:
> Bowie Bailey spake the following on 9/21/2006 12:56 PM:
>
>> One of my CentOS boxes has started giving me errors.  The box is
>> CentOS-4.4 (i386) fully updated.  It has a pair of SATA drives in a
>> software raid 1 configuration.
>>
>> The errors I see are:
>>
>>     ata1: command 0xca timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x24
>>     ata1: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
>>     Info fld=0x1e22b8, Current sda: sense key No Sense
>>     ata2: command 0xca timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x24
>>     ata2: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
>>     Info fld=0x1e2598, Current sdb: sense key No Sense
>>
>> If it was just coming from one drive, I would say it was a bad drive,
>> but this is happening on both drives.
>>
>> Can anyone give me a starting place to diagnose this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Bowie
>>
> Cables? Connections? Power supply going bad?

dangerous content by the Enhancion system Scanner
and is believed to be clean.
http://www.enhancion.net