[CentOS] 20 years, Domain-IX, Apollo, HP-UX, VMS, ACLS, etc

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sat Sep 23 17:52:16 UTC 2006

> Since SElinux seems to spawned as an intern type project and nothing
> more, what I object to is it being enabled by default.

IRC most if not all of the features of SELinux (essentially fine-grained
access control systems), Were already up and running in version of UNIX
[Domain-IX] used/built by Apollo Computer in

                         #       ###      ###      ###
                        ##      #   #    #   #    #   #
                       # #      #   #    #   #    #
                         #       ###      ###     ####
                         #         #     #   #    #   #
                         #        #      #   #    #   #
                       #####     #        ###      ###

                             and earlier.

Apollo was absorbed by HP a few years later and HP added all their stuff
to HP-UX.

  Also other OS'es Like VMS and Multics had some of the same capabilities.

SELinux is NOT an intern project.  Its features are needed to give
Linux a competitive stance in todays much more security aware market.

Most of the ideas in SELinux have been up in running for more than 20
years on various platforms and as much as 30 on some.

I don't use SELinux on many of my servers, But I never forget to turn it
off at installation. (not yet anyway :) )

Perhaps the kickstart option that was mentioned is the way for you to
go.