[CentOS] Need advice please

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:57:44 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way that I can somehow combine some kind of spam
> filtering in conjunction with fetchmail on my home mail server so that when I
> pop it only the spam free email returns to my client?

Install an MTA (sendmail or postfix or exim) on your home server, and
tell fetchmail to deliver the mail through that MTA rather than
directly into your mailbox.  Then you can set up spam filtering either
in the MTA, or you can call spamassassin (or run spamd as a service
and call spamc) from your local delivery agent, e.g., add recipes to
the $HOME/.procmailrc file.

Alternately -- and you may already be doing this -- have fetchmail
deliver through procmail, in which case see above about spamassassin.