[CentOS] Crontab not working....

Ian mu

mu.llamas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:19:45 UTC 2006

Hiya all,

 just found an odd one on one of our boxes, cron isnt working (for a user
anyway, but can't seem to get it running properly at all), i.e if I do a
crontab -e as a user (who is in /var/spool/cron) and add 19 10 * * *
/bin/touch /home/logadmin/testfile (has permission) its never created. Also
I get no mails from cron to /var/spool/mail/root so guessing maybe cron not
working at all, can't find any errors in logfiles relating to it either.

ps -ef shows crond running however, have tried restarting it via service
crond restart which shows fine in logs as started

Not sure what else to check?

Any ideas much appreciated,

Ian