[CentOS] centosplus kernel upgrade

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 26 16:21:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 09:52 -0500, rado wrote:
> <snip>

> "exclude=kernel". I put this line in every division of
> /etc/yum.repos.d. i.e. Base, Updates, Addons, etc.
> my question is: I don't really know the proper way to exclude.

First, get yourself really familiar with the yum docs because this I
suggest may or may not be exactly what you need. I plan to make great
use of it.

http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

The above is a new "prioritized" "protect base" plug-in. Protect base
plug-in may be all you need too, but only your correct understanding of
yum and the plug-ins can determine what is right for you.

Personally, the exclude and includpkgs directives become quite unwieldy
when the packages addressed become more than just a few. This is
exacerbated by the dependencies.

> thx
> John Rose
> <snip sig stuff>