[CentOS] DNS help: "unexpected rcode (SERVFAIL)"??

Ajay Sharma

ssharma at revshare.com
Tue Sep 26 21:58:58 UTC 2006

Recently I'm getting these errors on my slave when adding new domains:

Sep 26 13:48:27 hosting named[1668]: zone wholesaletvtime.com/IN:
refresh: unexpected rcode (SERVFAIL) from master 207.218.174.4#53

The master/slave transfers work for the other 1000+ domains that I have,
just not the handful of new ones that I just added after the CentOS 4.3
-> 4.4 upgrade.

I regenerated the rndc.conf file and added the control stuff to the
/etc/named.conf file so 'rndc status' works on both machines.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--Ajay

--
Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma