[CentOS] Centos 4.4 joining ldap server Centos 4.3

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 13:14:40 UTC 2006

No,
You only need setup the correct objectClasses related to posixAccounts.
Set the attributes for these objectClasses and setup pam to handle
ldap. This could be done using authconfig ou manually changing
/etc/ldap.conf and /etc/pam.d/system-auth.
Remember to install the correct packages with this funcionalities,
such as nss_ldap.

On 9/27/06, Jose Perales @ Grid System <jose.perales at gridsystems.com.ve> wrote:

> Hi I setup a ldap server with samba in centos 4.3 and I test it with windows
> client (Win Xp) and the user that I created in the directory can logon in
> windows, so in Centos 4,4 the user can not logon, My question: I need to
> create the user in the ldap directory in the centos 4.4 computer too?
>

> Regards
>

> Jose Perales
>

> Grid Systems

***