[CentOS] Re: xpdf and other alternatives

Steve Bergman

sbergman at rueb.com
Thu Sep 28 17:30:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 12:54 -0400, Michael V. De Palatis wrote:

> Certainly. But I like Epiphany over Firefox for a number of reasons
> (see, e.g., the recent issues between Debian and the Mozilla
> Foundation; also, e.g., the lighter interface).

Indeed, Mozilla Corp. may be the best marketing partner that other Linux
browser projects have right now! ;-)

Perhaps:

strace -o epiphany.trace -f epiphany

would shed some light on where it is picking up acroread?  Perhaps if it
can't get its apps the gnome way, it falls back to some other, more
conventional unix way?

Have you checked /etc/mailcap and ~/.mailcap?

-Steve