[CentOS] firewall issue

Ski Dawg

centos at skidawg.org
Sat Sep 30 23:57:59 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a new system for use as a testing/demo/trial-and-error
system. I have installed CentOS 4.4 on it. There is not an
X-environment, so I will need to fix this from the command line (via ssh
access).

I am trying to do an nfs export from this box to another on my internal
home network. I have figured out that it is a firewall issue on the
CentOS box (I turn off the CentOS firewall and the mount works).

My problem is that I am not sure how to resolve this. I have not done
any configuration with iptables before. In the
file /etc/sysconfig/iptables are the lines:
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 2049
-j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 2049
-j ACCEPT

and there are not any deny lines above these. I think those lines were
added when I ran system-config-securitylevel-tui. Those are the only
lines that I can find that mention port 2049 or nfs.

Those lines look to me like they are for accepting incoming connections
only. Is that correct?

What do I need to do so that I can do the nfs export out of this box?
--
Doug